This morning we were finally able to do the kindergarten field trip to the pumpkin farm. We were supposed to go two weeks ago but it had to be cancelled because of a two hour fog delay. No fog today - bright and sunny. But COLD. The temperature was 40 degrees when I got out of the car at 9:00 and had only warmed up to 44 at 10:30 when I got back in the car to come home. And the wind was blowing.
But we were prepared. I brought Sam's winter coat, and he already had hat and gloves. (Mrs. Wilson told the kids hat and gloves, so he went along with that, but did not want to wear a coat with his sweatshirt, so I brought it with me and surprised him with it. But he did wear the coat, which means he was cold.) The kids had 15 minutes in the barns with the animals and got to feed the goats. Then they had 20 minutes in the play area, where Sam ran from activity to activity. Then the hay ride, which lets out at the pumpkin patch where each child gets to pick one pie pumpkin and three gourds.
Sam was so cute - still wanting me with him all the time and pointing out his friend Trey to me. We actually spent a lot of time with Trey and his mom, who said that Trey talks about Sam at home a lot. This is the first close friend that he has made on his own that I have seen. And several girls did say "Hi" to Sam as he would walk by - the teachers had told me he's quite popular with the girls but this is the first I have witnessed it. He's very aloof with them - quick wave and he walks away. He really pretty much blew them off.
All in all, a fun trip but another reminder he won't stay young much longer - how many more field trips will he want me to not only go, but to hang out with him? I'm just trying to make the most of it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment