Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Farm Visit and Other Weekend Stuff



This afternoon we visited Leeds Pumpkin Farm, which is about 10 minutes outside Marysville. We go every year, a Keller family tradition. Today, there were at least twice as many people there as we have ever seen. And it was pretty hot in the sun. Because of the crowd, we had to wait to do everything - the big slide, the tubes to walk in, and the new jumping pumpkin they had. It was like an amusement park. The kids had fun, but wanted to leave after doing three things, which still took an hour with the waiting. We didn't even get to see the farm animals, but Sam and I will be back in a couple of weeks for his re-scheduled kindergarten field trip. We got our kettle corn and pumpkins and left - we were hot and thirsty. Next year, we are going to have to plan this better - maybe not go on such a nice day!

We also got some stuff done around the house today - much of which has been neglected since we've been so busy and Ben has been working so much. Ben cleaned out the garage, and I organized Sam's dresser and closet - adding some of Mason's clothes and bagging up a lot that didn't fit. I still have to do my closet and Maria's (which I need her input on), and couldn't put all the summer clothes away quite yet, but I do feel like I accomplished a lot. I'm hoping to get the rest of the closets done by the end of next weekend. Of course then I have to do the coat closet, and bug Ben to do his...it really is never-ending. I've resigned myself to the fact that the entire house will never all be organized at the same time!

Yesterday, Sam had a great soccer game - scored two goals and was focused almost the entire game. Maybe Grandpa K. coming to watch inspired him. After soccer, Darrell and Ben took Sam golfing - I think he lasted through 7 holes, after which I picked him up so they could finish 18. Maria chose to play with Mason and Lindsey rather than golf. Then after dinner we spent time at the superintendent's camp-out at the school (a vote-for-our-levy activity and Ben in charge is in charge of the committee). We took Mason with us so the kids had someone to play with - they enjoyed Hide and Seek in the dark. Then we ended the evening with some family Wii bowling.

Friday night I took the kids to the Miami/OSU ice hockey game at OSU. We met Doug and Mike there and their families. Miami should have crushed OSU - our hockey team was rated 8th in the nation. But it ended in a 3-3 tie. We left before overtime - it ended up going to a shoot-out where OSU finally won. Maria loved it and enjoyed learning about the game. Sam liked the first period and wanted to go home after that, but he made it through to the end of the game - staying for overtime was out of the question. But I'm glad we went - I just wish Ben had been able to join us!

No comments: