Friday, January 4, 2008

Back to School Blues

I know its Friday night and the last thing I should be complaining about is returning to work. But I'm not that unhappy to be returning to work. By Tuesday and Wednesday of this week the four of us were going crazy together in this house and it was time to go back to having some sort of routine and spend some time apart. The kids, however, are having trouble adjusting to going back, and it was only a 2-day week! Maria expresses her unhappiness by just being quiet and a little weepy. Sam makes all of us miserable, by throwing tantrums, picking fights, and not doing what we ask him to do. And don't even get me started on how hard its been to get him out of bed in the morning! Tonight he threw a tantrum when we wouldn't give him Sprite after dinner - back to the old days where he kept crying and saying "But I want Sprite!" When we ignored him for several minutes and let him lay there on the floor, he finally quit. I've been trying to play games with him to keep him happy, but as soon as the game is over he goes back to being a trouble-maker. Hopefully next week will be better - its a full week and he starts swim lessons again on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I know the end of the holiday season is a big let-down - if I feel it I know its much worse for the kids - next Christmas seems like a lifetime away. I just hope things get back to normal around here soon!

No comments: