But raising a little boy is a whole new world, and I am so glad I never actually said anything to those other moms because I am so eating my words now. I do have a couple of things to be thankful for even though Sam has found his potty mouth. First, he only uses one word: Poop. (And I think we can agree there are much more offensive words out there.) And second, one has to appreciate (secretly, of course) the creativity with which he uses this word. He has hit several parts of speech using this one 4 letter word as a springboard. And while we still tell him he is not allowed to use the word each time, sometimes I do wonder how he comes up with this stuff. Do little boys stand around at school and try to top one another with how many ways they can use that word? Don't answer that - I really don't want to know.
Here's a few samples:
"Where are my poopy shoes?"
"That's poopy."
"I'm going to poop-ify you." (I do NOT want to know what that means)
And then there are the times where he just says "Poop poop poop poop poop poop..." You get the idea.
So when we finally get him to stop saying it, I'll do something stupid to start the whole thing over again. Like today when I noticed he had been in the bathroom a while, so I stopped to check on him to make sure he was okay. And of course without thinking I had to ask "Are you pooping?" and I got "Mommy! That is not a nice word!" as an answer. I thought it was progress until I was taking him in to brush his teeth tonight and he said "Poop poop poop poop poop..."
No comments:
Post a Comment