Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I Love the 80's

We have been playing Guitar Hero here faithfully at least some every day. Everyone continues to improve - Maria just needs to win a challenge to pass from Level 2 to level 3, Sam is able to do songs on full speed, and Ben is finally challenged with the "Hard" setting. I am happy to report that after four attempts I passed my challenge and will start Level 3 tonight. (Thanks to Ben for the coaching). Its nice that there so many different skill levels that we can all play and experience some success (Maria and I are at almost the same level).

A surprise result of this experience is that the kids are really into the songs on the Easy level - understandable, since we attempt to play them numerous times each day. They were thrilled when Ben added a "Guitar Hero" playlist to their ipods, including songs like Slow Ride, Barracuda, Rock and Roll All Night, and Hit Me With Your Best Shot. Sam has been walking around all afternoon with his ipod and Spidog, making us all listen to - it even sat at the dinner table with us. This makes me laugh because Ben is always rolling his eyes about the fact that I don't really try new music - just listen to my 80's favorites, and now the kids are into the same music. I wonder how long until he goes crazy?

No comments: