Saturday, January 26, 2008

Ice-O-Rama


So Maria has been asking to go ice skating again for the past several weeks and since I wanted to give Lisa an afternoon off, I ventured to the chiller with the kids this afternoon. I got Sam a pair of figure skates this time instead of hockey skates in the hope that he might have a little more stability than he did last time when he about pulled my arms out of my sockets. For about the first ten minutes he hung on pretty tight but then gradually loosened his grip. He even let Maria hold on for awhile so I could skate unfettered. Near the end of the first session he finally got brave and took off on his own! Within minutes He'd went all the way around the rink without falling down once. We took a rest while the Zamboni did its thing and then went back out for about another 20 minutes. Sam maybe fell down five times in that session but jumped right back up and kept going. Both kids were really tired on the trip home, but I was fresh as can be since I didn't have to drag my son around the rink for an hour.

No comments: