I met with Maria's teacher today for the second round of parent/teacher conferences. As you can imagine, it was a very good experience. Academically, she is doing great. Way above where she is supposed to be in all tested areas, and has shown improvement from fall. Her teacher also said "I just love her. Everyone loves her. When her name comes up in the lounge we just all say we want to take her home with us."
After the conference I met Maria in the library so we could pick out some Book Fair books to buy. Sure enough, when the librarian was checking us out she said "If Maria's ever missing, just drive to my house to find her - I took her home with me."
We love her, but its always nice to hear that she is making a good impression on others as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment