Or at least the kids do. Maria got a gift card to Build a Bear from G. & G. Keller for Christmas, and after we got a flier this week advertising Valentine's Day dogs, she's been wanting to go spend it. I also have been accumulating coupons to help with something for Sam too so he's not left out. I know the last thing in the world these kids need is another stuffed animal, but going there makes them so happy.
Since it was a nice day and Ben was feeling better we decided to go to Easton, where there is a much bigger Build a Bear. We ate lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, which both kids love as well. At Build a Bear they both chose the white dog covered in hearts - Sam named his Charlie, and Maria named hers Valentine (at least it wasn't Hearty). They also picked out dog beds - this was a purchase I would have said "No" to except that they were using gift cards and I thought they should be able to spend them any way they want. Sam dressed Charlie as a Bengals football player, complete with helmet, and Maria chose a simple pink cover-coat thing for Valentine. We rounded out our trip with a visit to the Apple store and ice cream at Graeters (I'll go back on the diet tomorrow!)
No comments:
Post a Comment