We got up to a few inches of snow on the ground here - which meant no Easter egg hunt. That was fine to me - hunting eggs in wet 35 degree weather through mud didn't really sound like much fun to me. I really wish the winter would end soon - it doesn't seem that I am usually quite this tired of snow.
This afternoon the four of us plus my parents went to see Horton Hears a Who. This story holds a special place in my heart since Maria was in the Fairbanks High School production on Seussical two years ago when she was in first grade. And she was an awesome Cindy Lou Who. So I really enjoy these Seuss stories that we became so familiar with, but at the same time I can't believe how much Maria has changed in the last two years!
Anyway, the movie was good and just the right length. Sam only went to the potty once and stayed in his seat the rest of the time! And I only slept for 10-15 minutes in the middle (I have a bad track record for movies in the middle of the afternoon). It was so nice to take a little nap and not have to re-wet my contacts immediately. My eyes are doing great! I keep putting all the drops in, but can't feel a thing today. And I did sleep better last night with those goggles than the previous night.
After the movie, we stopped at the mall where the kids each picked out a new Webkinz as their Easter gift from Mom and Dad. Maria chose a hippo and named it Bubble Gum, Sam chose a snake and named him Snakey. Now we're back at the house playing Guitar Hero - we got the kids a second guitar the other day, so one person can play lead and the other can play bass. Its pretty cool. Tonight we will color eggs, and then head home in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment