Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lesson Learned

I told Maria at dinner tonight that she needs to start cleaning out her room and getting rid of stuff since we will be getting new carpet and painting soon. I emphasized with her to actually THROW things away, not just move them around as usual. She said she would clean out one desk drawer each night this week.

She started on the first one about a half hour ago. And she is throwing stuff away. But she's also giving several things to her brother. And if he says "No, thanks," then she tries to talk him into taking it. So she's still moving it around - just into places where I have to clean it up! I guess this is just a motherhood lesson - it will always be my responsibility to clean up my kid's messes - at least until they move out!

No comments: