
I had my LASIK surgery today, and it went well. Definitely uncomfortable, but not painful. The actual surgery was unpleasant, but at least it was quick. And the first couple of hours at home were pretty rough. I slept, but not soundly, and kept waking up to wipe the tears that had slid from underneath my goggles onto my cheeks. Looking out the window, though, I can already tell that things are much clearer than they are without contacts or glasses before today.
Right now, several hours since surgery, I am fairly comfortable. I'm still sensitive to light, and my left eye feels a little like there is something in it. My right eye feels great. But these goggles, that I have to wear until tomorrow morning, are driving me crazy! They keep fogging up and so I have trouble seeing anything clearly. I do dry them off every 10 minutes or so, but it only lasts a minute or so before it goes back to being foggy. Could be a long evening. But I am able to read some and watch TV too.
The kids think I look funny in the goggles. Maria said, "Don't take this offensively, but you look like a bug." Sam is just confused as to why I can't take them off.
No comments:
Post a Comment