
My day, for the most part, was all about snow. Maria got me out of bed this morning begging to go outside and play in the snow, so I did finally get up and she and I and Sam headed out into the wild. It was still snowing and blowing, so we didn't plan on staying out long. We were just about to come in when I decided to dig deep holes in our biggest drift, which was over three feet deep. After some additional construction to make leg room, we all had nice deep holes in which we could sit and get out of the snow and the wind. Maria and I even made a small tunnel so we could see and talk between our caves.
In the afternoon session, we went out when the snow was starting to wane, and there was easily another six inches of snow on top of what we had in the morning. All of our tracks were covered and drifted over, and there was a lot more snow that had fallen into our snow caves. This time was all work for me however, getting the driveway cleared with the snow blower. The drift in front of the garage was also over three feet deep and it was a hard packed drifted snow that took some extra work to get out of the way. The kids came in ahead of me and walked around taking pictures and measuring the snow. Our deepest drift was 39 inches. I'm guessing we got around 14" snow, based on the field behind our house which was not drifted. Our first plow came through around 6:30 tonight, but might be drifted over again by morning.
I'm starting to get a little nervous about this week with my dress rehearsals on Monday and my Mid-Year (renamed the "Winter") concert on Tuesday night. I would hate to cancel, but we're honestly extremely underprepared having lost 7 days of school in the last month and a half, and too many 2 hour delays to count. It will be interesting, to say the least.
No comments:
Post a Comment