We've been so busy around here I forgot about the Book deal Maria and I made last week.
She finished the book I picked out for her on Sunday. Said she really liked it. Then I read "Wings and Rockets," which was a story about women in flight. And surprisingly, I did like it. I know that Maria had read it a couple of times, and now I see why. Informative and interesting. Maybe I should take some of my own advice and try books I wouldn't normally read more often.
Maria wanted to go to the library Monday to pick out something new, but we just couldn't fit it in until Tuesday. When we went, she wanted to look for more books by the same author, Meg Cabot, as her previous book. But Meg Cabot writes mostly teen and adult books, so all the books we found I wouldn't let her read. She wasn't thrilled about that - like any kid she didn't like being told she was too young for something - but she got over it. She ended up picking out two books on her own and neither was the fantasy type she had always picked out before and then never finished. And she seems to like the first one - she's been reading it in her loft this afternoon. She spends a lot of time up there in the last 24 hours.
I'm supposed to read another one of her picks after my current book - probably sometime this weekend. I can't believe this plan actually worked, at least for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment