Monday, May 19, 2008

No More Monday Blues

This past weekend was one of those that was so busy you almost couldn't wait for Monday so that things would slow down. Ever have one of those? Well, we did and I have to say today has been almost relaxing.

The craziness started Friday, when I took a personal day to go with Maria's class on her field trip. Then both sets of grandparents came over after school and the male half went to Sam's preschool program (after some min-golf and go-cart driving), and the female half went to Maria's recital (during which I had to keep running backstage to help Maria with costume changes). Saturday we had Sam's soccer game, Maria's birthday party at the Chiller, and Maria's family dinner/party that evening. Sunday we got the house put back together from the birthday party and then had another recital for Maria Sunday afternoon.

So going to work today was almost a relief. Even with having extra paperwork due to my absence on Friday. I'm pretty sure only having nine more days of school may be helping my mood as well. Today was the last regular Monday of the school year!

Ben doesn't feel relieved at all. He has a big concert tonight, and several performances this coming weekend. So I didn't mention how relieved I felt today. And by the time he reads this, his concert tonight will be over and hopefully he will be able to relax a little.

No comments: