I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon to look for something with which I could make a lion head out of for Sam's circus on Thursday. I spent some time and came home with some fake fur, brown felt, foam visors, and a plan. And I thought it would work.
I was so proud of my creativity (I know it was a little premature since I hadn't actually made the costume yet), that I had to go show Ben and Lisa next door what I bought. They were outside with the kids who were soaked and muddy and having a blast playing with the hose, except Lindsey, who was almost asleep in her swing. Anyway, after I showed them my great idea Lisa tells us that Mason was a lion for Halloween when he was two and she still had the costume. Ben and I had thought of this last week, but figured the costume would be way too small for Sam now. But Lisa went and got the costume and said we could do whatever we wanted with it to it to make it work.
And it is going to work. It will work as a hood and shirt for Sam - its sleeveless and was open at the bottom for a toddler, so it works perfect as a hood, shirt, and tail for Sam. I was thrilled this was so easy. I tried it on Sam a few minutes ago, and he said, "It looks like a baby costume." I tried to convince him that it looks way more like a lion than anything I could come up with. We finally struck a deal: I would cut off the little green bow from the collar, and then he will wear it.
I know he may not actually wear it on Thursday, but at least I know that I have provided him with a costume - if he chooses not to wear it, not my problem. At least I didn't put in hours of work on it. Besides, I'm betting that Ms. Janice can talk him into it much more easily than I can!
And the strong man costume - blown up swimmies under a big shirt. No, not even my idea, someone at work gave it to me. But it will be so easy!
No comments:
Post a Comment