Maria turned nine years old today. The big celebration was on Saturday, so today after school (where she took brownies to share with her classmates), we went to Journeys Kidz at the mall and got her Heelies, which she has wanted for while. We knew she was going to have to try them on to get the right fit, and we just have not had a chance to get to the mall the last few weeks. So she picked a pair that are white and red, and is practicing in the garage right now.
After the mall we ate at Red Lobster - her choice. We haven't been there in ages, but watching the Food Network all the time sparked her interest in seafood. She tried snow crab legs and liked them. (Sam had - big surprise - macaroni and cheese.) Then dessert at Graeter's.
As usual, I am a little sad as another birthday passes, and I watch my adorable little girl change into an almost pre-teen. She is still a great kid, just older, and while I am proud of the girl she is growing into, I still miss the cute little kid she used to be. But there are fun things about every age, and I try to remember to live in the moment because it all goes by so quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment