Sunday, May 18, 2008

Maria's 3rd Grade Field Trip


Friday I went with the third grade on a walking tour of Marysville. I try to go with each child to one field trip per year, and save my personal days for that. I am approaching the day where Maria will not want me to go, and when she gets to middle school I probably won't want to go anyway. I thought this trip was the best I've been to so far, but I think it was because we went to places I'd never been before.

We toured the library (O.K., I've been there about a million times), the fire department, and the Marysville Historical Society. It was interesting and we learned a lot of history. Then we had lunch at Fiesta Grande and recess at the park. The weather finally warmed up by the afternoon so the time at the park was enjoyable, even though the morning was so cold.

All in all, a fun day and great start to our very busy weekend.

No comments: