The kids and Ben made it another wonderful Mother's Day today.
First, the gifts. The kids had spent a very long time in the basement last night - I thought maybe they were cleaning. But they were wrapping the presents and making cards. And they used the wrong side of the wrapping paper and drew pictures of things I like (ice cream sundaes, books, polka dots, flowers) on the paper instead. That's why we took a picture of the wrapped presents. Anyway, they gave me my own Nintendo DS and the game Brain Age. On top of all the cards and gifts they've been making me at school this week - I have a coupon for a relaxing evening from Maria and Sam painted a pot and planted a flower in it, which looks very nice on the table on the deck.
Then they took me out to lunch at Boston's and dessert at Dairy Queen. When we got home I was able to take a nice long nap. A very relaxing day indeed!
Now if they would just clean the basement. But it is called Mother's Day, not "Miracle Day!"
No comments:
Post a Comment