Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sick Day

Maria and I are home sick today. We tried to go to school, but Maria was coughing so badly that she got sick once in the car, then once in my room before it was time to get on the bus. So I ended up leaving and took her to the Dr. We knew her cold was getting much worse, but we loaded her up on cold medicine and tried to get through the day. I intended to take her to open hours at the Dr. after school today, but we didn't make it.

She has a slight sinus infection. We thought it was probably coming - she can't seem to ever just get a cold and then get better without it turning into something else. The Dr. put her on Zithromax, so she should be feeling better soon and be able to go back to school tomorrow.

The bummer about missing today is that it is Teacher Appreciation Day. The PTO had an Italian lunch for us - I was really looking forward to that - I love potluck meals. I won't miss the sarcastic teenagers saying things like "I appreciate you sooooo much." But I did get a nice letter from a former student. Even though each member of student council has to write one, it still made me feel good.

But I'm a Mom first, and so home is where I need to be.

P.S. Sam scored a goal at his make up game last night - his first of the season. And we beat the Mean Green team, who killed us the first game of the season. Except we don't keep score so everyone won! Of course as soon as I walked in the door from Book Club, Sam told me his team got 4 goals and the green team only got two. So this whole not keeping score thing is not actually working - the kids know exactly who wins.

Yes, I missed it. I had Book Club - a special Cinco de Mayo celebration in a Mexican restaurant - and rescheduling that is a nightmare with three working Moms. So I thought it would be no big deal if I missed one game, and it just happens to be when he scores. Oh well, there's still two more games left. Ben has pictures and will blog about the game later since he was actually there.

Update - OK, so Ben already posted when I wasn't looking - see below.

1 comment:

fhsbando said...

If you want to read even more about the game be sure to check my post just below this one :-)