Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Caught!

Every night when Sam is in the tub, he gets angry because his buckets that are filled with the action heroes he plays with while in the bath are filled with cold water. He yells "Old water!" and I have to run in there and dump the water into the sink so it doesn't make his tub water cold. Sam's never asked where the water comes from, and since at this time Maria is supposed to be doing her homework, I don't want to interrupt her to let her know that I know what she's up to. She's fills the buckets with cold water at the end of her baths, which is after Sam's bath. The water sits there until his next bath, usually two days later. I always plan to talk to her about it later, and I always forget. And its really not a big deal.

But tonight she happened to be in the hallway when Sam yelled "Old water," and I told them both that I knew she was behind the mysterious bucket filling. It was so funny because she thought she had been getting away with it this whole time, when it really was so minor it wasn't worth my time to make a big deal out of it.

The best part, though, was when Maria, who hardly ever gets in trouble, peeked back into the bathroom and asked "Am I going to get in trouble for this?"

No comments: