Yesterday we went to Wendy and Mike's for Mitchell's first communion. The drive down was rough - it poured most of the way. And we got drenched on the walk into the church, but at least we had raincoats. (We couldn't find any umbrellas before we left home - Ben took two to Chicago, but I know we have more somewhere here!) Anyway, even though there were 240 first communicants, the service was only a little over an hour.
Afterward, we went to Wendy and Mike's and spent the rest of the day there. The kids were having such a great time playing and kept asking to stay later, and we didn't really have anything else to do here, so we didn't leave until after 6:30. It's fun to watch the kids all big enough to play on their own. They were even able to go outside later in the day, and played a baseball game with Brandon and Sam against Maria and Mitchell. Of course it ended when there was a rule discrepancy that Grandpa had to sort out!
We all slept in to 8:00 this morning and had an ichat with Ben (in Chicago with the band and not having a very great time) before his day started. He'll be home late tonight. He was able to spend a couple of hours with Todd Nahigian yesterday which was the highlight of the trip.
And we have an exciting day planned! Laundry, house cleaning, a trip to Wal-Mart, and then Maria's 4-H meeting where she and a friend are doing their demonstration on the parts of a sewing machine. She and Lydia have spent a long time on these note cards - I'm anxious to see how it goes!
The picture was taken last night when the kids were relaxing in Maria's room after our long day. I forgot to take my camera to the first communion, but needed to post a picture to show off that I successfully downloaded a picture from the camera without Ben here. (I know, it pathetically easy, but since he always does it I never bothered to learn.)
No comments:
Post a Comment