Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sam's Last Soccer Game


Saturday morning was Sam's last soccer game for the spring season. It was been a weird season weather-wise, and a few of the games had to be made up in the evenings. At the beginning of the season, our team had a long way to go. But by yesterday, they were passing the ball and hopping into the goal when it was time to play defense. I've never seen such improvement in one season in the two years that Sam has been playing. And as an added bonus, Sam scored two goals yesterday!

He was more excited about their trophies that featured a revolving soccer ball. Very cool - better than the medals the kids usually get at the end of the season. I hate to sound like a bad mother, but I am glad soccer's over and I don't have to rush around on Saturday mornings anymore. Now we can focus on T-ball - first game in Memorial Day.

No comments: